Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wednesday's Happenings

Well, I'm not sure where today went. I did get through most of the items on my list which was good, but we still have a lot to do and now I'm too tired to do anymore. My focus is following up with people that have been invited to the Anniversary event. Having all these fabulous auction items doesn't mean anything unless we have people there who are going to bid on them. I always have those nightmare images of an entire ballroom filled with great auction items and only 12 people there pretending to have a bidding war- not good! I've also been spending time following up on the last load of auction items that have been promised. I've been doing pretty well on the follow ups, but there comes a time when I have to stop doing that and let those ones go. I need to spend the time focusing on getting people to the event. However, I am also very determined and I hate to let go without getting the items that people have been promised. If I give up, then it was a waste of the time that I already invested in following up and then it is also potentially missing revenue.

Here is a photo of our donation yesterday to Boston PD. I think this might be one of the only donation photos with just me in it- I usually have someone from the department in the photo. We donated over 350 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons. I've been making a lot more frequent donations to Boston PD which I'm really happy about.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I was going to work on bid sheets, but I'm tired and I'm going to head to bed early. Tomorrow, I'm picking up an auction item, then I have a meeting in my office which is always better than having to travel. In between, I'm working on reaching out to event guests and working on bid sheets for the auction and doing my last load of follow ups. Wish me luck! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: