Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Good News

Well, good news today! We were approved for a $1,500 grant in support of our Operation Elder Care program which provides stuffed animals for elderly residents of local nursing homes. I'm really happy about that. The local foundation actually increased their support for the program from last year. So tomorrow, I need to get cracking on contacting the nursing homes and scheduling donations. We didn't do any photos last year with any residents when I did the donations, so I'd like to do some this year.

Yesterday, we donated approx. 140 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to Melrose PD. Here is a photo from that donation.
Thursday is our State Police donation and next week we are donating to Boston PD again. Those are two of the largest departments that we work with.

Calendar sales are picking up again which is good. A number of police and fire associations make annual donations and buy calendars to give to their members. We've had a few annual donations come in this week. I need to drop off the calendars this week. A woman in North Dakota made two $20 donations as holiday gifts for relatives recently. Along with the donation cards that she can give to her relatives, I mailed calendars for the relatives and the woman who donated. So there may be someone in N. Dakota who will be displaying a PS calendar next year!

Tomorrow, I'm speaking at the Attleboro Rotary Club's meeting. I'm looking forward to it and I'm nervous as well. It has been almost a year since I've spoken at a Rotary Club. I love speaking about Project Smile, but I'm a little nervous since I haven't done these speeches in a while. I'm going to work on it tonight and in the morning. Keep your fingers crossed for me please! Yesterday, I thought I was getting sick, so I'm really glad that hasn't happened.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to have my grapefruit, work on my speech and watch some more of this movie that I've only been half watching- it isn't very good. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: