Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Welcome December

It's December friends- I can't believe how fast this year has gone! I've started work on planning some of our usual events for next year. I have a lot more planning to do, particularly on researching new grants that we could apply for.

Yesterday, we did another donation to Saugus Police. Here is a photo from that donation. I like this photo a lot- the little police teddy bear is so cute!
Next week we are doing another donation to the state police. We have a small group of 3rd graders who collected stuffed animals for us. One of their mothers reached out to me last month about having the students join us on a donation, so they will be joining us next week at the state police headquarters. It only happens rarely that we have children who collected for us actually join us on a donation.

We're also doing a donation next week to a new department, Melrose PD. It is always awesome to add new departments to our program. I got an email tonight from a police department in CT asking how they could participate in our program. I'll get back to them tomorrow and send them some boxes of stuffed animals and books/coloring books.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat a home made chocolate chip cookie and some vanilla ice cream- I've been craving it since this afternoon. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: