Monday, June 17, 2013

Latest and Greatest

Ah, how did a whole week go by already? I'm a little scared at how fast this summer is going. It has been pretty rainy here lately, so that hasn't helped with the feeling of long summer days to enjoy. So, what's new? Well last week, we did another donation to Boston Police of over 250 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons. Boston is one of my favorite departments to donate to. The Sgt. was going to drop a box of stuffed animals off that day with the homicide unit so that they had some to give to the children who were relatives of victims. Almost all of the stuffed animals were from Build-a-Bear's recent donation. I emailed my contact at Build-a-Bear who had organized the donation and shared the photo with her. She was happy to see it. Here is a photo.
Tomorrow, I'm doing another donation to the State Police. Almost all of those teddy bears will be from Build-a-Bear as well. Their donation has been one of the best that we've ever received. You can't imagine how much I wish that it could be a regular donation- that would be absolutely amazing.

Tomorrow, I'm also doing some more calendar photos- this one will be with 2 boys from a local family. They were in the calendar last year. I haven't seen them since last summer so it will be nice to see how much they've grown. They were adorable last year and one of the easiest photo shoots that I did. I have some more photo shoots lined up which is good. I have another returning calendar & anniversary event sponsor confirmed today which was also good. We're making slow but steady progress with getting our calendar sponsors finalized.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to tidy up my office for a bit- once again, it is looking rather like a disaster zone. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: