Thursday, June 6, 2013

Latest and Greatest

Well, it's almost 1am and I should be in bed, but I didn't want to go sleep without blogging. So what's new? Well, yesterday I stopped by the local company who stores our boxes and picked up a box of the beautiful Build-a-Bear teddy bears that were donated to us from the Boston area stores. They are absolutely gorgeous! I'm looking forward to including them in all of our upcoming donations. I received a phone call today from a Rhode Island fire department that was in need of stuffed animals. I'm heading out there on Monday to make the donation and do a photo with them. The Lt. said he had given out his last stuffed animal to a child this week and had been searching for a business or organization that would donate them. He found us online. It is always great to add a new department.

Today, I returned some of the autographed sports pictures that didn't sell at the silent auction that we did during Beer Fest. We raised almost $500 with the auction which was good. It is only a small auction and we don't have to do much work, so it is an easy fundraiser. I then zoomed up Rt. 93 to Dorchester and dropped off a large box of books, coloring books/crayons and small toys to a Boston shelter that we've been donating to for the past few years. The shelter is part of Catholic Charities and is home to 16 children. The staff and director are so nice- they always give me little gifts to take back. Today, they gave me some of their tote bags and frisbees. They've given me their tote bags before and they always come in handy.

In other good news, 2014 calendar photos  have officially started! I was at Douglas FD early this evening doing photos. Douglas has been in our calendar for quite a few years now. They are a very friendly department and I love going there to do photos. It was great to see the little boy who was only a few weeks old last year when I did the photos. He was one of the tiniest newborns that we've ever had in the calendar and now he is walking around and as happy as all can be.

Well friends, I am off to bed. I've been trying, once again, to go to bed relatively early, but failing miserably (what a surprise!). Until tomorrow...

No comments: