Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Calendar News

Well friends, I am happy to announce that all of our calendar ads are now sold! There was one month that I had been struggling to find a sponsor for and I was getting anxious, since we wrap up the calendar this month. Even though we're only at the beginning of the month, I like to have everything taken care of as soon as possible. It's funny- I'm really obsessed with getting work things done early. I absolutely hate the stress of getting things done at the last minute- it is awful. Last night, I was driving home from Boston and thinking about who I could reach out to for help with calendar sponsorship. I decided that I would reach out to the ambulance company that already sponsored a month in the calendar and see if the CEO could suggest a sponsor that would like to be involved. This morning, as I composed the email, I thought about asking if they could sponsor an additional month instead of suggesting another sponsor. I've never met the CEO personally, but we've talked on the phone and emailed for a few years and he has always expressed his support for our efforts and always gets back to me quickly.  I mentioned it to Marcy, our volunteer who has been helping us for almost a year, and she recommended asking for their support for the second ad and then, if they couldn't do it, asking for a suggestion for a new sponsor. I emailed the CEO and he wrote back almost immediately to say that they would sponsor the second month. I was so happy and felt so relieved- I physically felt lighter. It's funny how one doesn't realize just how much stress they carry around with them until something good happens and the tension is released.

You can't imagine how much I value the people that help our efforts. Most people are not particularly helpful, so it really means a lot when people do care and choose to help us and support our efforts. It gets frustrating dealing with people who don't call you back, take phone calls or respond to emails- particularly when it's people that you know personally. I never take people's help for granted- it is that help that allows us to grow and continue our mission. I could never do this job without significant amount of help from others.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. There's lots more to write about, but I'm taking my calendar sales happiness and heading off to bed (with a detour to the kitchen first to raid the fridge for grapes and cheese..) Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: