Thursday, August 1, 2013

Welcome August!

Well, August is here folks! The Date Auction is next month! All this work and now we are hitting the home stretch. I am excited and also nervous. Our fashion show (October 3) and our 10th Anniversary Celebration (November 1) are getting closer as well.

In good news, we have a liquor sponsor on board for our fashion show. Triple Eight Vodka- a local company- will be donating the alcohol so that each guest will receive a complimentary cocktail at the event. I'm glad that we have that taken care of. It took longer than I had expected. I'm still looking for one more food vendor. We have a lot of dessert vendors, but could do with additional appetizers. We also have a sponsor on board for the show which is great.

Calendar photos are coming along well. We have 4 more photo shoots to do, then I think we will be done. I also have one more calendar month that needs a sponsor. Hopefully, that will get taken care of soon. I did photos this week with some really adorable little kids- so cute that they are a contender for the cover photo.  Yesterday, I did a donation to DCF. I brought my work camera with me because I was heading over to Cambridge to do calendar photos with an ambulance company. I did our usual donation photo, then when I was in the parking lot of the ambulance company- I erased a number of photos to free up space for the next photo shoot. As I was driving over, I was thinking that I needed to erase some photos and I thought that I should make sure not to erase the donation photo I just did. Guess what photo was erased? Yes- I somehow managed to erase the one photo from the DCF donation. Ah, what  a genius! The photos are important because we share them on our FB page and website. It looks a lot better to have a photo to go with our update than just the sentence about our donation.

I did manage to not erase the photo from our donation this week to SMOC for children in homeless shelters. We've been donating stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to them for the past few years. I included some of the beautiful Build-a-Bears in these donations as well. Here is the photo:
Well friends, that's the latest for tonight. I was going to work on a grant that I want to get done in the next couple of weeks, but I'm tired and getting a bit of a headache, so I think I'll hold off on that. So, instead, I think I'll have some watermelon... that sounds like a much more enjoyable plan! Until next time friends..



No comments: