Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving Along

Well, this is going to be a short blog, my eyes are hurting and I need to sleep. So what's new? I was working on both our events today- I was contacting more auction item donors. I had a lot of people that had said they would donate, but I didn't have their items, so I was working on following up with them. I was also contacting people who donated last year and I hadn't contacted yet- almost all of them are on board to donate again this time. I have an awesome volunteer who has been helping me out this week. He is a college student who wanted to do some volunteering while on summer break. He's going back to school soon, so he won't be here for very long, but he has been such a big help. He's picked up gift certificates for me at a number of different places- this saved me a lot of time, he's been updating our Constant Contact database, stuffing gift bags, sorting items for donation and other general office duties. He has really saved me a lot of time.

I was also working on date auction things. This year, we have two sisters being auctioned. My sister Cordelia was auctioned our first year and I did it too, so these girls are not our first sisters, but I was thinking it might be cute to auction them off together. I'm not sure, it's just a thought. I'm waiting for my list of participating firefighters, hopefully I will get the list tomorrow. I'm getting anxious that I don't have their info yet as the event gets closer and closer, but hopefully things will work out and we will stay on track.

Miss Massachusetts also confirmed that she will be a special guest at our Anniversary Celebration on October 2, so I'm happy about that. We had Miss Mass at our event two years ago and Valerie- the title holder- was delightful. She was very friendly and even bought a bunch of silent auction items too.

I think that's it for tonight, it is 1:45 and I need to go to bed. I got home around 11:30, but instead of going back to work and finishing up some emails, I dawdled on the computer and ate watermelon (one of my absolute favorite fruits), so that's why I'm late in blogging. I didn't want to go to bed without blogging though! Until next time...

No comments: