Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chugging Along

So what's the latest? Well, the grant was mailed yesterday! It was funny- I didn't expect to make any changes on it, but yesterday morning, I looked at it again and made some small changes. It is always such a happy feeling to march that yellow envelope to the post office and send it off. Hopefully, we will get some good news in a few months. I don't know when they look at grants next. Tomorrow, I need to get cracking on the next load of grants- there are quite a few that I have to work on.

In other news- the Sofft Shoes promo is on our website- check it out at www.projectsmile.org/events.htm. The shoe company set over an image that was banner shaped. Our web guy put it on our site, but it wasn't looking quite right. He suggested some changes and now it looks great. We started adding some photos of the bachelors/ettes that we are auctioning off too. The photos look great. We have another good looking group again! I asked our web guy to extend the purple background to the photo section and it really makes them pop. I love getting the photos on our site and the Sofft promo- it really makes me feel like things are coming together.

I was reaching out to new Anniversary event sponsors yesterday and also got another sponsor back who sponsored last year. I didn't get any commitments yet, but it takes time to hear back when you reach out to new sponsors. I did get commitments for two more silent auction items which is good.

Tomorrow, I have so much to do. I need to get back to work on calendar sponsors, reach out to schedule photo shoots, grant work, contact police/fire departments, date sponsors- I just read a news article about a new company that would be a perfect fit for our event, I'm going to email them tomorrow. I also need to work on gift certificates for the date couples and anniversary auction items. I'm in the early stages of working on a unique race event and there is a company that I'm going to get in touch with who can plan the event. This is a rather ambitious list for tomorrow, I don't know how much I will actually get to, but there is a ton to get done.

On that note, I'm off to eat a banana (I don't have too many fruit options in the house), write my list and then head to sleep. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Chris Vrotsos said...

Hey Catherine your are doing great work! Are the pictures of date candidates up on the web site yet?? Let me know, I'll put it on my Twitter account as a teaser and on linkedin ...

Keep going!!! I am routing for you!

Chris