Monday, August 8, 2011

Event Anxiety

Well, that time of the year has arrived- event anxiety is here. We are only 5 weeks away from the date auction. It may seem like a lot of time, but it really isn't. I know that I don't need to freak out- things are moving along fine, but I keep getting panicked thoughts of 'what if no one shows up!'. We are doing all of the same event marketing that we have done in the past which is important. Word of mouth marketing is one of the best ways to get people to attend, so I really need the bachelors/ettes that are participating to help spread the word and get their friends to attend. I emailed everyone who signed up today and asked them to start spreading the word. We have almost all the guys signed up that we need to, although I am still waiting on some of them to send in their info. We still have a few more spots open for ladies to participate. This is a reversal of what usually happens. We still need gift certificates for the couples to use on their dates and I'm still looking for more event sponsors. I think I need to expand the number of volunteers that we need, since we are going to have our own food at the event- so that will mean more volunteers to help with that.

There is so much pressure associated with this event, it is hard not to get really anxious about it. The most important thing is that I keep working on all the details that need to be handled, get all the marketing lined up, keep getting the word out there- take all the steps that I can to make it a success and hopefully, the rest will fall into place. We have had 4 years of successful events, so there is no reason to think this one will be any different. In my own perfect world- we would already have 100 tickets sold! I know that isn't reality though, people are generally rather last minute when it comes to buying tickets for events and it is still only early August- mid-September seems very far away to most people (particularly those who don't plan events!).

It feels good to vent about my anxiety. I know I should be calm since things are moving along in the right direction, I need to keep reminding myself of that. Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read some more of the book that my sister gave me, write my list and then head to bed. I've already done my cherries, watermelon & pineapple cottage cheese and blueberry muffin snacking for tonight! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: