Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Night Before

Well friends, here we are- the night before our 6th Annual Project Smile Charity Date Auction.  This morning, I was walking around with a permanent knot in my stomach, but that has dispersed and now I feel peaceful. Things are right where they need to be for tomorrow. We have done really well in advanced ticket sales which is always a huge relief. Our stage and rental items are all waiting at Gypsy Bar. I have a couple of small things to do tonight, but everything else is done. I did another test with my credit card machine earlier today and it worked fine.

I actually felt a child like sense of wonder tonight when I was thinking about the Date Auction. It is pretty amazing when you think back to the beginning- our first date auction was 2007 and we've grown so much since then. Every January, I start all over at the beginning- getting hosts, sponsors, auction items, gift certificates, participants, marketing- there are so many pieces that have to come together for this event, it really is something. It is a lot of work and I'm really grateful for everyone who has donated, who has given their time, who has bought tickets, who is participating, who has helped spread the word- I couldn't have done this alone and I really appreciate all the support. However things turn out tomorrow night, the least that I can say is that I'm proud of what I've done and I know that I've done everything I could to ensure a successful event. I've walked through the event a million times in my head, trying to solve every problem before it comes up and of course- we've been there before, so I do know what to expect for the most part. If certain problems do arise, I've thought of ways they could be solved. Naturally, something could happen tomorrow night that I totally didn't expect, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. This time tomorrow night, hopefully I will be able to rejoice in the success of a great event.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. Please wish us much success tomorrow night. This is a huge fundraiser for us and hopefully, all the effort over the last 9 months will lead to another great night. Until next time...

No comments: