Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Keeping on Track

OK, So I am struggling with blogging every day (or almost every day). I want to keep this as updated as possible, no one wants to hear old info! I just need to follow that old guideline about doing things 21 days straight and then it becomes a habit. Anyways, so what's new? I took the last couple of days off- holiday and weekend. However, I am happy to report that the problem with the hardware store was resolved. I contacted their corporate office and they were very understanding, the local store became responsive and ultimately made a gift certificate donation. Now, I can return to shopping their happily, knowing that they do in fact have some level of interest in community organizations.

Today was actually quite a good day- we received our first financial donation in support of our Anniversary Celebration. It was actually quite unexpected- I called a Hopedale business that my family have been customers of and asked about a gift certificate or item donation for our charity event. They called back within an hour and offered a $50 cash donation in support of our event- terrific! I also picked up a $25 gift certificate to the absolutely fantastic bakery Konditor Meister in Braintree- they make the most beautiful and delicious cakes. That gift certificate will go towards purchasing our Anniversary event cake. I also picked up a membership donation from B.J's Wholesale Club. So far, we have some really cool auction items. Sturbridge Village also donated an admission pass as well. It really helps to start early- takes a lot of pressure off and I think it helps to start early when some companies have more donation money in their budgets.

I didn't have a lot of time to make phone calls to police, fire and nursing homes today, but will get back to that tomorrow. I'll be in the office almost all day. I also need to keep working on getting more sponsors for our Halloween event- I have found fundraising in Worcester to be actually quite difficult. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm also meeting with a local woman who is interested in volunteering- which is always helpful!
Until tomorrow...

No comments: