Monday, February 25, 2008

The Latest and Greatest

Today was kind of a funny day- I was having trouble getting motivated during the day and was getting a little discouraged about stuff, then suddenly at about 5pm I had a major burst of energy (probably due to my 3rd cup of tea) and ended up getting quite a bit of stuff accomplished tonight. The major thing I'm having difficulty with is getting sponsors for the date auction. Now, I've only just started contacting businesses, but I'm not sure if I'm presenting all my info in the best possible way. Unfourtunatly, I don't have anyone else to take a look at it. I think some of this may simply be my anxiety about finding sponsors, because I have reread everything that I'm sending out and don't know how it could be improved upon. Tomorrow, I need to keep working on our list of potential sponsors. Not having fundraised in Boston, I don't have much knowledge of businesses that would be the best fit for our event, but that's what the internet is for!

What else is going on? I didn't get to call any nursing homes today, that is on the list for tomorrow. I did contact some police/fire departments out in the middle of the state- there was a high school in that area that did a collection for us, so we're making sure to reach the departments that are in their area.

I was also working on getting our auction items- as always! I need to double up the effort on getting items for the silent auction that we're doing during the date auction as well. Tomorrow, I need to contact our board member to see if he'll be able to get a tv or other special item donated for our auction- that would be terrific!

Well, I'm off to write my list for tomorrow, finish up a letter and then make my bed! Until next time..

1 comment:

Miss Powers said...

Hmmm--I can relate b/c we emailed and your email reflected this same sentiment!! Please don't ever hesitate to send things along:) I am an email weirdo haha.