Thursday, February 28, 2008

Office Expansion

Hello! What a busy week! I am really happy tonight, because my office is looking really good! Our absolutely wonderful computer guy came yesterday and today and set up wireless internet in my office, got my laptop networked with my desktop and then ended up having to fix my laptop as well. So now I have a perfectly functioning second desk all ready to go for our new volunteer who is starting tomorrow. I can't tell you how much I need the office help- there is a absolute ton of work that needs to get done and there is a limited amount that I can get to each day. We're really at the point where a full time second person is needed, but due to budget issues I'm not sure how feasible that is. However, at least now the office is all set up for the second person and maybe our volunteers will be able to help out even more!

As I was cleaning up the office tonight I felt really happy looking at the new office set up (we've had volunteers coming in before), but now that there is an official second desk with a fully functioning computer and printer access- it feels different. I can't help but think of what it was like just a few short years ago when we had so little. We still don't have much, but I feel like this is the first step towards having full time help.

Anyways, I have to go finish up a few emails and get back to organizing my desk (it is almost done!). Until next time..which will probably be tomorrow- weatherman says it is supposed to snow tomorrow night, so I'll probably be staying in and catch up on some things and blogging- because there is a lot of other stuff to talk about!

No comments: