Thursday, June 5, 2008

Awesome News

What a day! It was a strange day for the most part- work wise, it was going relatively OK- there was some good news on the auction front. We have commitments for some more cool auction items, including a "Producer for the Day" from a sports radio station, which is great and a restaurant gift certificate that I've been trying to get for about 2 months now. I was also speaking with a local lawyer in regards to helping sponsor our event. I was also doing a lot of following up with police departments and other sponsors and emails- all the usual stuff. I was making a lot of calls, but didn't seem to be getting through to many people.

There was a personal issue that was bothering me most of the day and by the end of the day, I was feeling really sad. So there it was- almost 6pm, I was multi tasking to take my mind of how blue I felt- writing thank you notes to people that have donated auction items, cleaning my office, sending emails- all stuff that needed to be done. Then the phone rang- it was the Boston Bruins Foundation calling with the most awesome news....we are receiving a $5,000 grant! How great is that?? I was so happy and relieved. This afternoon, I had been thinking about fundraising issues and how we really need to reach out to more potential funding sources in order to grow properly. Although we are getting a good number of small donations recently, it is nowhere near enough. Anyways, that was the best phone call I could have hoped for. We applied for a Boston Bruins Foundation grant last month. So needless to say, I felt amazingly better after that phone call! I wish every day could end with phone calls like that.

Well, that's my news for today- pretty great news! Off to bed now (must write my list first)- I'm doing photos tomorrow morning at Mendon FD, then back to the office and following up with lots of people- particularly calendar participants and I still need more calendar sponsors. Until next time...

No comments: