Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday News

So what's new? I didn't blog last night- I was so tired last night when I got home. I went to a great networking event last night at the Downtown Women's Club. The DWC is a national group that has local chapters in various regions. I went to the Providence Chapter meeting. I have been getting their emails for quite a while, I think I signed up well over 6 months ago. I finally decided to go yesterday- partly because I didn't have anything else planned and wanted to get out and meet new people. It was a great event! I was really impressed with how outgoing and friendly all the women were. I think I made some good connections and definitely am looking forward to attending more meetings.

So far this week I have been spending a lot of time organizing photo shoots for the calendar. I have quite a few scheduled, but there are still a lot of people that I have to keep following up with to set up photo times. I absolutely love doing the photos- I love photography anyways and I love meeting new people- so it is a perfect fit. So far, the photos have been coming out really well.

I had a conference call this morning with a Boston area social/outdoor activities organization. It went really well and they are on board to help promote our event and donate some auction items. The woman I was speaking with was very suppportive, so I think it is going to be a really good partnership.

Not too much else new today- besides photo shoots, I was working on auction items, catching up on letters that needed to be sent out and trying to find new sponsors for the Anniversary event (that didn't go very well). We did get a new auction item in- a $60 gift certificate to Foxwoods, which is nice.

Well, I'm getting tired, my eyes are starting to hurt. I don't want to go to bed yet because I have a lot of things that I wanted to finish up tonight. I'm going to be out most of the day tomorrow- I'm meeting with the guy who's mixing our PS song, then I have photos later in Needham. I don't want to go home in between because I'm trying to cut back on driving. Anyways, I might just go to bed instead of working. So until next time friends...

No comments: