Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Monday

I can't believe I haven't blogged since Wednesday! So what's new? I did a big donation today to an ambulance company based near Boston. They provide primary ambulance service for nine Boston area towns, so it is was really great that we did this donation. I've found it difficult sometimes to figure out which fire departments have their own ambulance service and which ones rely on an outside service. It was kind of funny the experience I had trying to find their office today. Their building is located on Rt. 1 in Saugus, but it has a street address which is a street which runs over Rt. 1, so I took the street exit and was driving up and down looking for the place. Then I asked a fire fighter who was on a call at a shopping plaza and he gave me some directions which I didn't understand. So then I called the company and the guy told me where to go, so I had to go back down Rt. 1 and turn around- Rt. 1 is dreadful because you have to go at least a mile before there is anywhere to change direction. So then, I see the ambulance company, but the entrance was right off an exit ramp, so I got confused and drove past their entrance and turned into the next parking lot, thinking I oould cut across- which would have been great if it wasn't for the huge stones and fence. So, that meant another mile or so up Rt 1 to turn around and then another mile back. But anyways, besides wasting 20 minutes and way too much gas, it worked out well and it is great that we're now providing stuffed animals for paramedics in so many new communities.

There are a lot of other things going on, but I'm having trouble remembering. I had to drive to New Haven late this afternoon, just got home an hour ago and all of a sudden I'm so tired. I did want to talk about the students that I spoke with on Friday- it was a great experience. I promise I'll write about it tomorrow.
I'm falling asleep now. So until next time friends..

No comments: