Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time

I can't decide if I am slow or I simply underestimate the amount of time it takes to get things accomplished. Example- today I had on my list to email the recruits that signed up on Friday and email all of last year's auction participants to invite them to participate this year. I didn't want to second a blanket email to them all- it is always better to contact each person individually. Even though it was the same email being sent to each person, it took much longer than I thought it would. I also had to spend time today working on more date auction related things- it was mostly simple things to do with graphic design.

So today, I was working on contacting new businesses as anniversary sponsors- I actually spent quite a while online looking for local businesses who may be a good fit. I did get some good news tonight- I contacted a company in Hopedale and spoke with the woman who answered the phone. She was very pleasant and said she would check with the owner and get back to me. I offered to email the info to her, which I did and tonight, when I got home, there was an email from her saying the company would be making a $150 donation towards the event. So that was a happy surprise and a good example of how it important it is to keep researching to locate new potential sponsors.

What's on track for tomorrow? I have two photo shoots scheduled and I need to keep working on things that I didn't get to today (which was quite a bit). On a separate note- congratulations to the Boston Celtics for winning the championship! I am so happy for them. Personally, watching the games, I can't help but remember the night I stood on that floor. If I didn't have the photos to prove it, I would think it was a dream. I'll say good night with a quote from Celtics Kevin Garnett, "anything is possible." Oh, you know I believe that one!

No comments: