Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slow Day

Today was not such a good day. Nothing bad happened, but I wasn't very productive and had trouble getting things done. I went out on a coloring book mission to Family Dollar in Medway tonight and felt like I was getting sick, but then I came home and cardio blasted and ate grapefruit and actually feel better than I've done all day. So hopefully, I won't get sick. I don't even know what the problem was today- I felt tired and sluggish and a little moody (usually a sign of getting sick). I didn't exercise this morning which is bad and I didn't write my list last night which isn't good either. I'm worried about money, about my lack of calendar sales, about how I'm getting funding for next year, concerned about the Valentines event (more about that in a sec). I did get some things done today, so it wasn't like I didn't accomplish anything and I got my office straightened out late this afternoon- it was a mess this morning and I replenished our supply of coloring books and got the donation together, with the help of Leni, for the Worcester elementary school Christmas party next week- so it wasn't that bad really, I was just feeling disconnected and really struggling with things.

There was a glitch that surfaced with the Valentines event today. I can't go into the details of it, but it is venue related. I'm confident that the event planner will work it out, the current terms are a no-go, so some adjustments do need to be made.

On a personal front, I'm also worried about buying Christmas gifts. I'm working hard to stick to a Christmas budget which is a hard thing to do. I'm usually really good with any type of budget, but Christmas gift budget has always been hard to stick to. It's even harder this year and I feel bad. I want to do more, but can't realistically, so it just makes me feel a little down that I can't get very much for people. I know many people are in the same position as I am. My solution is to stay out of the stores as much as possible and to shop really slowly.

I've been thinking about the issue I was writing about on Friday night and about the importance of listening to your instinct. I feel like a fool for what happened on Friday, because I didn't listen to myself and the things that had been bothering me- the feelings that I tried to dismiss all turned out to be true. I felt like a fool for putting myself in that situation, for not saying anything when I thought things weren't quite right a week before and for spending time making excuses for what I was thinking. It's pretty simple really- when you think something is wrong, it is wrong. If you think there is a problem, then there is a problem. Sitting in silence and ignoring it doesn't solve anything. It's an important premise to follow personally and professionally.

Anyways friends, that's it for tonight. I'm going to go write my list- no forgetting this time. I'm in the office all day tomorrow and working hard on calendar sales and contacting new departments. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: