Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quiet Day

Well, today was a pretty quiet work day. There was a water main break in Hopedale today which lead to us having no water this morning- it was only for a brief period of time, but just the fact of having no running water is very distracting and I fell behind on things this morning. Grafton calendar sales went OK. I did get an unexpected check today for 6 calendars, so that was helpful and I also received a donation from a police association. Although calendars sales were bad this year, it wasn't a complete disaster.

I didn't get to do much planning today. I was finishing up with emails that needed sent, I have some more to catch up on, taking care of financial things- always such a good feeling to deposit checks- and I did other little things like that. I need our December bank statements to come in before I can finalize all our revenue/expenses for the year.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas time. I've always loved Christmas- the trees, decorations, family time, shopping, gifts, cookies, food, cards- there's nothing about it that i don't love. Last year, I bought a Christmas tree for my office- it's a fake tree, about 6ft tall, and it makes me so happy when I look at it. Sometimes, late at night when I'm done with everything, I'll switch out all the lights and just sit on the sofa looking at the tree- it is so pretty and it always reminds me of how lucky I am for all the good things that I have in my life. I don't know what the future will bring- I'd like to dream that there will be many years of lots of wonderful things to come and hopefully there will be, but I know that inevitably there will be sad and difficult times too, so I really try to cherish all the great things that I have right now. I'm so happy to have my family- my mom and my sibs- I can't imagine life without them and my friends and a job that I love and good health. It's not all peachy of course, but it is pretty darn good.

Anyways, there's probably more things that I'm forgetting to write about- as usual. I'm not sure if I'll be blogging tomorrow night, so Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: