Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday News

So what's the latest and greatest? Well, let's start with good news- our grant came in from the 200 Foundation and it is $3,000! I am very happy about that, it couldn't have arrived at a better time. Last year, they did a $2,000 grant for Project Smile. It is a great organization and I'm so glad that I was introduced to them.

I've been working steadily these last two days and have been able to accomplish almost everything that is on my daily list. I've been doing a lot of work on outreach, there aren't any results to report yet, but it usually takes a while before I see results. I was doing grant research this afternoon and found a grant that we are a great fit for. The company that is associated with this grant is still doing well, so it is definitely worth applying for. I'm going to focus a lot more time these next few weeks on grant work. Today, someone bought 5 calendars online which was good news. Calendar sales are very small now, so it is great to keep moving them.

In other news, I am worried about the Valentines event- making sure we get enough people there. We are only two weeks away from it now. It is such a cool event, it should be awesome and have a lot of people. It's hard to explain how I feel- its like living with a nervous knot that won't go away. I try to ignore it and focus on the million other things that need to get done. I don't know what else I can do to make the event a success. I'm trying to hold onto the fact that it is a cool event, terrific venue, fun activities, we are getting the word out, it is well priced and it should be a success. We're running a special discount to encourage advanced tix sales- the price is only $20. So please help support us and buy a ticket!

I was thinking tonight when I finished exercising about breakthrough moments. I started thinking about it in regards to building arm muscle- I've been working hard for the past couple of years to build arm muscle (I know I've written about this before), for the longest time I never saw any results, but then I started to see results and now I can look at my arms and feel proud that I have built arm muscle. I still don't have the beautiful upper arms that some women have, but mine have improved dramatically. I don't remember where the breakthrough moment came for that, but I know that with Project Smile it came when we got our $10,000 donation from the Mass Bankers Association in December 2005. The sun rose for Project Smile that day and we have never looked back.

Well, I think that's it for tonight. I had plans for tonight- reading my book, cleaning up and getting things organized for my birthday weekend, but I zonked out in front of the TV for too long, then chatted on the phone- then did my cardio which I promised myself this morning I would do tonight- my body didn't want to move this morning- and now that I'm done blogging it is 12:30 and my eyes are starting to hurt. Anyways, I'm starting to get boring, so I should stop now. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: