Monday, March 16, 2009

Comfort

I was working on auction items today and it is actually going pretty well. I got through to a number of people and got some commitments for items and was actually getting phone calls back. I've been contacting some new places and also working from last year's list, but I still need to find a lot more new auction donors. I don't want people to come to our event and see all the same items from last year- that would not be good. They were great items and did well, so I will getting a lot of the same items, but we need to keep the event fresh as well. I will not be getting any gym memberships though- none of them sold last year at either event which was really surprising.

It is wonderful how work can be such a comfort sometimes. I was feeling disappointed and sad about something personal today, but I did OK because I just focused on my list of things that needed to be done and plugged along. I think I moved a little slower than I probably should have and didn't get a lot of things done, but there was still progress. I've always found a comfort in Project Smile- even though it is a rollercoaster of a job filled with great highs and lows, there is also a certain level of consistency and a great sense of familiarity. I've always felt that as long as I work hard, I will get results- that's the way it has been for 5 years. I know that when I wake up every day, Project Smile will always be there. Although I'm still feeling down about that certain issue, working helped ease the sad feelings.

Anyways, I'm getting a headache so I should get to bed. I feel like having some strawberries and yogurt, but it is 12:20 and I should probably go to bed. Tomorrow, I need to start work on finding financial sponsors for our events- particularly the date auction. The event is only 6 months away- it may sound like a long time, but it isn't actually that long. I also need to work on getting calendar sponsors. I have lots of other things that need attention as well, but can't remember them just now. Well, that's it for tonight- until tomorrow friends...

No comments: