Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Moving Along

So what's new? Things went pretty well today. I was working on contacting more businesses for auction items and I picked up some local items as well. It's funny, I'm actually getting better items than I did last year from a couple of places. A car repair shop that donated an oil change last year now donated an oil change plus tire rotation which increases the value. There have been other places too that have donated items of greater value. I have received quite a few other commitments for items, so I'm pretty happy with the way things are going.

I've also been working on finding date auction sponsors. I don't have any good news yet, but I have contacted a number of businesses that I think would be a great fit. I do need help in finding other potential financial sponsors. I found 2 networking events that I'm going to be attending soon in Boston, so hopefully I will find some contacts at those events. I wish I had more connections in the Boston area that could help with recommendations for potential sponsors and even better- introductions.

As usual, I have a bunch of things that I didn't get to today. I need to work on the press release for the Sharks donation some more. I already have it written, but I reread it this afternoon and I think it needs to be improved somewhat. The Sharks emailed over the photo from the event- it is a really nice photo- one of the few that I don't look super dorky in. Our web guy put it on our site today- it is great how quickly he gets things done. I also need to finalize the flyer design for the date auction so I can start sending it out and I need to find more grants to work- and start working on calendar sponsors. I'm somewhat nervous about that- especially since banks were one of our biggest supporters and obvioulsy these are not good times for banks.

It is so shocking to hear about the sudden death of Natasha Richardson. It is such a reminder of how fragile life is and how things can come to an end in an instant. I do think of how lucky I am to have my family and wonderful people in my life, but when you hear of things like this it makes you think about it more- appreciate all the good things that we have in life and the time we get to spend with the people we love.

Well, I'm off to write my list- I should clean up my office as well, but it is 12:45 and if I start cleaning, I'll be up for a long time. I'm not in the grapefruit mood tonite- yikes! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: