Thursday, March 19, 2009

Progress

Well, things are moving along well with the silent auction items for our anniversary celebration. We received our first really cool item- 2 tickets to a taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I called the show today and left a message with the audience coordinator- he returned my call a brief time later and very nicely emailed over the tickets. I was really happy. I tried for two years to get tickets to the Conan O'Brien show without any luck, so this was a welcome change. I also spoke with another television show which looks like it will be able to donate an experience package. I'm pretty happy about the way things are going so far. It really makes all the difference when you speak with people who are pleasant and supportive- I've been lucky to speak to quite a few of them lately.

I rewrote the press release for the Sharks donation and emailed it over to 4 local papers. I still struggle with press releases and often feel that I don't write them as well as they could be- but then when I read them in the paper, I think they read well, so maybe I'm just too critical in the writing part.

Things are moving along well with the date auction in terms of recruiting firefighters- it is already starting to get underway. The new flier that Lisa did looks awesome- I really like it. Our web guy should be putting it in our site soon. I need to focus on getting financial sponsors- that is a priority. I have a long way to go in getting enough gift certificates for the date auction couples.

So all said- today was a good day. Any day that has tangible progress is a good day. As usual, there are a lot of things that I didn't get to, but I'll work on that tomorrow. Well, I'm off to write my list- cleaning up my messy office should be on the list, then off to bed. Until next time..

No comments: