Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Improving

Well, today was an improvement. I still got a late start and didn't exercise because of it (just finished exercising a few minutes ago to make up for it), but I was determined to get as many things done today as possible and it was an OK day. I picked up the gift basket from the brewery- it is very cool. It is similar to their donation last year but even better. That was our first official silent auction item for our anniversary celebration. I also received 2 ski lift passes as well today. I contacted some businesses this afternoon and was researching new places to contact as well. Did you know that there is a womens pro basketball team in CT? I had no idea.

I was at DWC networking tonight which went well. I want to find other networking groups to join as well- I think it would be good to join some that meet in Boston so that I can expand my connections there.

I wish I didn't need to go to Braintree tomorrow- I have an incredible amount of work to do and really can't afford the time away from the office. But since I don't have a clone nor a personal assistant (which is much more attainable), I have to go. At least the driving time is good thinking time for me. I was thinking about the date auction when I was on my road trip this afternoon- I was coming up with a list of potential sponsors, thinking about things to possibly do differently and new businesses to contact for gift certificates. When I was driving home, looking at the gift basket on the seat next to me, I decided that I was going to stop worrying about how the economy is affecting us and simply plow along as if everything was fine. Obviously, I know that the economy is miserable, but fundraising requires a tremendous amount of personal energy and a deep rooted sense of optimism that lets you deal with the constant rejection and fight for each donation. In the back of my mind, if I keep thinking that the economy sucks and no one is going to help us- that attitude is going to lead to a disaster. So- the nagging fear is getting put away and I'm focusing on the many things that need done in order to build on last year's success and keep us moving forward.

Well, it is 12:04 and I'm going to eat my grapefruit- my grapefruit skipping yesterday because I was trying to get to bed earlier didn't help this morning, so I'm not skipping it again. I am making a serious effort to get to bed earlier, so I can wake up at a decent hour without feeling like a bear that desperately needs to hibernate. Anyways, enough on my morning issues- until tomorrow friends...

No comments: