Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Progress

Today was a good day. Really good news first- we have a new financial sponsor on board for the date auction! I am very happy and relieved that things are moving along in that department. It isn't the company that I had mentioned in my other blog, but it was one of the ones that I had contacted recently. Our event is a great fit for them and I think they will be really happy with their sponsorship.

I have been so worried about our fundraising for the year- very nervous about finding sponsors and auction items. So it is great we have tangible progress- baby steps moving in the right direction. Of course, we have a long way to go, but I'm glad that we're getting results so far.

I was reaching out to police departments today- both following up on departments we already worki with and contacting new departments. I have a donation scheduled for next week with one new department and want to get more scheduled for the same day in that area. I try to do a group of departments at the same time to cut down on driving. I have a lot more departments on my list for tomorrow.

Things went well today partly because I stuck to my schedule- I didn't get carried away in spending many hours working on one thing at the expense of all the other things that need to get done- that happens very often. Instead, I split my time among program work, other office work and fundraising and I made progress in all three areas.

Well, I think that's it for tonight. I went to bed a bit earlier today and it did help with motivation this morning. My goal now is bed by 12:30. It is already 12:20- so if I'm sticking with that goal, I'd better hightail it outta here- until tomorrow...

No comments: