Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Getting Things Done

Well, it's a new week and things are getting back onto the right track. I did have some family things to take care of during the day, but I also managed to get quite a bit of work done. I finished the grant that was due and sent it out overnight mail. This was the same grant that I lost the application for. On Friday, I emailed the my contact person there and asked her if she could email me another copy of the application. I didn't hear back from her, so I called the only other contact that I had this morning and he said that she didn't work for the organization anymore. He thought it would be fine to use last year's grant application form, so that's what I did. I also added a note explaining that I lost the original form and wasn't able to get a new one on short notice. I hope they understand and don't hold it against us. I know it looks bad to lose things and I've never done something like that before, but with all the distractions that have been going, I must have done something with it. I'm glad that I got it done today and I was also relieved that it was a simple application. Some applications are a lot more complicated and take a lot longer, so it is always appreciated when the grants are less intense.

I was also back at work on calendar sales today- there is a lot more that I need to do, but I did make some progress today. I also scheduled our next donation to the Dept. of Children and Families for Thursday. I also spoke with Morgan Memorial Goodwill about donating stuffed animals and other items again for their annual holiday party. We've donated to them for the past 2 years for their children's party and I'm always happy to be involved with them. I would also like to work with the Worcester Schools again to donate items for their children's holiday party.

It felt good to be making progress today. I still have a lot to do to catch up, but at least today was a good day and I got things done. My list for tomorrow is going to be really long, but I will be working in my office almost all day, so I should be able to get a lot done. I have a networking event in the evening, Downtown Womens Club, Worcester speed networking which I'm looking forward to going to. I'm also helping out at the event too.

Well, I am very tired. I haven't exercised in 3 days and I hate that- I always feel better when I exercise. I try to do it every day and I usually do, but I've been falling off my schedule lately and not exercising the way I should be. I also wanted to read tonight, but now I'm too tired. Anyways, off to write my list- then bed. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: