Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tired

Oh, I'm tired. I know that isn't exactly interesting news, but my energy level feels like its running in the negative digits right now. It is barely 11pm and I'm actually going to bed early tonight. I haven't had enough sleep for a while now and it is catching up to me. Last night made it worse because I didn't go to bed until after 2am. I'm also watching a very tedious World Series game (I'm a Yankees fan), so that isn't exactly helping raise the energy level. Anyways, enough of my griping. What's new? Well, I finally got my October newsletter done and sent out today. I changed the subject line to make it more interesting, so we can increase the open rate even more. It is so important to do a test email before sending out- there was a error in the test email that Lisa had to fix. It is embarrassing to send out things that contain errors, so I'm glad that was caught.

I went to a networking event in Providence tonight. It was an interesting event and I think I made some connections that have real potential. There are quite a few people that I will be following up with tomorrow. I went with a friend- I really enjoyed going with her because she does a lot of networking and she was also very encouraging. I find it difficult sometimes in large networking groups like that to approach people, so it was helpful to have a friend to be with and to keep you motivated. One of my goals this year was to participate in more networking events and I have done that, but there is definitely more that I can do.

Last night, I finished the grant which was due next Monday and emailed it over. I have 3 other grants that I need to work on in the next few weeks. I also need to contact more police and fire departments tomorrow. I've been working on trying to stay updated with emails by taking action immediately, but that hasn't been going so well. Some emails I do respond to as soon as I get them, but I wait to come back to quite a few- I'm trying to break that habit, but it is really hard.

Well friends, I'm sorry to be boring tonight- I'm awfully tired and need to sleep. Hopefully, with a good night's sleep I will be back at full force tomorrow. I have so much to do, so much to catch up on- this tiredness just isn't kicking it. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: