Thursday, October 22, 2009

Must Blog

Well, this is going to be a short posting. I'm so tired, but I didn't want to go 2 nights without blogging. It's not like I even have anything fascinating to say, but it didn't feel right not to blog. I don't even know why I'm so tired, my day wasn't any busier than usual. I still feel out of my regular schedule and I think that is what makes me feel tired. The networking event that I went to last night was great- it was speed networking at the DWC Worcester chapter. I was helping out at the event as the time keeper. For most of the evening, I sat next to Donna, a professional photographer, and one of the group organizers. So I spent a lot of time listening to her talk to the other person at the table and I really learned a lot from her. I had already heard that when you talk about your business, you also have to say what you are looking for- what your needs are. I don't usually do that. I'm very clear when I talk about Project Smile and what our mission is, but I know that when I go to networking events, I'm not usually specific about what we need. When I'm working on fundraising events, then I usually do say what we're looking for, but that is the only time. Donna was very clear when she talked about what she was looking for and she also asked the other person what they were looking for. Donna came across as very professional and engaging. Listening to Donna, made me realize how important it is for me to specify what we need when I talk about Project Smile.

Anyways, I think that is it tonight- my eyes are hurting and I need to sleep. One of my goals tomorrow is to clean up my office- I have lots of little things piled up that I've been meaning to get to, but haven't. I have more auction items to get to some people before I can close the folder on that event. Tomorrow, I want to work on the grant that is due by the end of the month and I want to reach out to more police and fire departments. Well, I'm off to close my eyes and sleep. I'm glad that I blogged- even though it was brief- my nights don't feel like they end right if I don't blog during the week. Until next time friends..

No comments: