Thursday, October 15, 2009

Still Behind

Ah, so what's new? Well, I've been trying to catch up on the million little things that need done, but I'm still really far behind. This has been a rough week in terms of getting a lot accomplished. I also have a grant application that came in the mail a couple of days ago, but it seems to have disappeared. We received a grant from this Foundation for the past 2 years, so it is important to get our application done. I know I can probably ask for another application, but i don't like having to ask because it makes me look disorganized. I'm sure it will turn up tomorrow, it probably just got misplaced with the ton of other things that need attention. I also have a lot of web updates that I need to send in and I have to finish our October newsletter. I also need to get moving with calendar sales. I think that things will be better next week. My sister is moving out this weekend and with my mom being injured, I've been trying to help her out as well. Things are going OK with the move, but it has been really stressful. I feel really guilty because of all the work that I haven't got this week and last. I had so many plans for what I was going to work on once my big events were over and I haven't done any of them yet. Of course, i didn't plan on these other things happening that required my attention. I wish I wasn't missing work, but when family needs your help, you have to be there and I want to be there to help. I think that things will be better next week- my sis will have moved and even though my mom still needs help, I will get a better grasp on my schedule and really focus on getting my work done.

I'm tired. I know I should go back and work, but I don't think my little mind can focus. I am really proud of myself with one thing though- I listened to my instinct. I met someone recently and although they were saying all the "right things", my instinct told me that things weren't right. I don't know why, but I definitely felt it. So, instead of ignoring what I was feeling, I paid attention to it. A few days later, my instinct proved me right- I didn't even have to do anything. I know it doesn't sound like much and it was only a small thing, but I'm proud of myself for paying attention to my instinct. I do it all the time in work, but in personal matters it is a lot harder for me- so this was a really good thing.

Anyways friends, that's my story for tonight. I'm going to write my list for tomorrow- it will be a multiple page list, then I might read for a bit. I'm trying to read more, I have so many good books that I want to read, but it is hard to find the time. I might also just go to sleep- which, since it is already 12:20 and I'm tired, I should probably do. Ah decisions! Until next time..

No comments: