Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Week

Well, here we are- the start of a new week and getting closer to the start of a new year. It doesn't seem real that we're about to start 2010 though. Usually, I don't think it is such a big deal, I think that happens because partly because we put together our 2010 calendar in the middle of the summer, so I've been at least looking at the new year since then. This year feels different though, I'm not sure why, but it definitely feels different. Maybe it is has to do with having a milestone birthday coming up soon. In a few weeks, I'll be back to work on our next date auction and anniversary event. I'm not really ready to think about that yet though. I also have a lot of planning that I want to do and I haven't even started.

Anyways, enough on 2010 plans- I still have a lot to do before we finish 2009. Our 2 big holidays donations are done- on Friday, we did our annual donation to Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries for their children's holiday party. I love donating for their party- they have over 400 children attend. Someday, we'll do an event like that, but for now I'm really happy that we can support their event. We get very positive feedback from Goodwill as well. One of the ladies who I dealt with this year told me that her boss had been asking her when our donation was arriving- they were really looking forward to getting our items.

Today, we did our holiday donation to the Dept. of Children and Families- stuffed animals, toys, puzzles, books and crayons (the larger crayons packages than we usually give out). Expanding to DCF is one of the things that I'm happiest about- it has worked out even better than I thought it would.

This afternoon, I actually made progress with cleaning up and organizing my office. Amanda, our intern, was working on my computer and I used that time to focus on my desk. With the new year coming, I want to make some changes and make my office more efficient. My desk still needs a lot of work, but progress is happening.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm tired- I went to bed too late again last night and was really busy today. I was going to have a grapefruit, (it is grapefruit season again- yay!) but I think I'll just go to bed. I was also going to decorate the tree I put up in my room too, but since it is almost 1am and I'm trying to go to bed early, that will have to wait until tomorrow. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: