Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wrapping Up

Well here we are- still working on trying to wrap things up before the start of the new year. I didn't get to a lot of things today that I had wanted to. I had a meeting in the morning and then the trip to Boston to donate the stuffed animals took up a big chunk of the day. I'm so happy we donated to the Christmas in the City program. The people that I met were really happy about our donation. One of the guys told me that they usually provide for about 2,200 children, but this year they had an additional 3,000 apply. After he said that, I felt a little guilty that I hadn't donated more. It was about 145 stuffed animals and toys that we donated. As I was driving home, I was thinking about how things changed from the 2002 when all I could do was donate a Barbie doll to that program, to today when I can organize a donation for 145 children. Seven years from now, hopefully we'll be able to have our Christmas event that can help thousands of children. I would like to do something in the western part of the state too- there is a lot of poverty in some of the western towns and I think it tends to get overshadowed by the needs of the bigger cities. I would love to do holiday events for kids who really don't have any alternatives for gifts. Some of the towns that I've driven through when doing our donations have been so economically depressed it is shocking- and this was before the economy tanked last fall.

There is so much more that I want to write about, but I'm so tired right now. It was a late night last night and now I'm feeling it. I'm rather obsessed with getting prepared for 2010- I don't remember being like this before. I'm going to write my list for tomorrow- I've fallen off with my list writing recently. I need to submit our website updates and send off our newsletter to Lisa, as well as continue the office clean up and 2010 plans. I also want to take some time for learning- actually sitting down and studying various topics so I can keep improving. Every year has been a year of improvement for PS, but I want 2010 to be a big year. I want to fix the mistakes that I make, become more efficient and keep growing.

But tonight, there is no more growing- I'm off to list write, then sleep. Tomorrow night, I'm off to see The Nutcracker with my sister- I am so excited. My sisters are I saw it once about 5 years ago and it was so beautiful. We have good seats too, so it will be awesome! Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: