Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Well, here we are- it is officially Christmas Eve and I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas. For those who aren't celebrating Christmas, I hope you have a happy holidays too. Thank you for reading my blog and taking an interest in Project Smile. It means a lot to know that people care.

So what's new? Not a heck of a lot. I'm still working on the office and getting ready for 2010. I have done a lot of organizing though and finishing up a bunch of little things, so the office is definitely looking better. I probably will do some work next week because I have a lot of 2010 planning still to get done and I also want to do some research on ways to improve certain things- particularly emails and other marketing.

When I was a little girl and my father would act up about certain things, my grandfather would lean over and tell me, "do you know why the good lord gave you two ears? Because, it's in one ear and out the other." I used to love to hear him say that. Of course, when hurtful things are heard, it's never that easy to let them go. But still now, 15 years after his death, when I hear things that make me sad or angry- I think of him and imagine him sitting next to me and telling me those words. I heard some things tonight that made me extremely upset, but I thought of what Jimmy would say and I'm just going to let it go. Life is too short to be hurt and upset about other people's opinions of oneself.

Anyways, it's 2am on Christmas Eve and this is a time to be happy- a time to think of all the wonderful things in life. Right now, it is also time to go to bed. Merry Christmas friends!

No comments: