Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Week

So what's new? Well, it was an interesting day. Things got off to a good start- Michelle, one of our board members, has done a great job recruiting single ladies and guys for the date auction. I opened my email this morning to find quite a few new date auction candidates. I emailed the bachelors/ettes, then I did some following up with other people- then I decided I was going to update my Facebook status to "it's going to be a good day." Within five minutes, I got a really disappointing email from a potential guest speaker who won't be participating, then a few minutes after that, I accidentally walked into a door. I thought of my FB update and figured I jinxed myself. However, things got better. The check from the Saver's Bank arrived and I also got a $300 donation that I wasn't expecting and a bunch of auction items arrived today too. On a personal level, there were some nice things that happened too. I made a coloring book/crayons donation to Millbury Fire today and followed up with some other departments. I have another donation to DCF scheduled for Wednesday.

I am a little worried- I haven't heard back from the potential date auction sponsors that I met with 2 weeks ago. They said they would get back to me by last Friday. I left one of them a message this morning, following up, but I didn't hear back. Hopefully, I will hear back from them soon. Our event would be a great fit for them and it would really mean a lot to us. I will keep you posted when I hear back.

So what else is happening? Well, I'm still not finished with the grant that I was working on last week. I don't know why it is turning into such a production, it's not even particularly difficult. It is almost completed, but there are a couple of small things that I am stuck on and I also want to take more time to keep proofing it. The plan is to have it in the mail on Thursday.

I've been doing a lot of cleaning out lately of both personal items and work related things. Tonight, I was sorting through some old papers and found a little note from my grandfather. I have only a couple of notes that he wrote. It is such strange timing because his birthday is coming up in a couple of days, April 15 and I have been thinking about him quite a bit lately. He would have been 104 years old! He died when I was 14 and I miss him just as much today as I did then. I know they say that time heals and it does heal certain things, but nothing heals the loss of someone you adore. He didn't live long enough to see all his grandchildren grow up- my sister Eve doesn't remember him, but my brother does and Cordelia too. He used to be afraid that we would forget him, I told him that I never would, but I wish there was a way to let him know that now, as a 30 year old woman, he is still a part of my life and I'll never forget him. He was the best grandpa a little girl could have ever wanted.

Anyways friends, that's it for tonight. I'm off to have a grapefruit, then write my list. I want to start working earlier tomorrow morning because the Yankees home opener is on TV tomorrow afternoon and a certain Yankees fan is going to be taking quite a few work breaks to watch the game! I really wish they wouldn't have baseball games in the middle of the work day, but the Yanks are getting their rings and I will be watching! Until tomorrow....

No comments: