Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Happenings

It's a new week and what's happening? Well, today got off to a rocky start. I had intended to work on a foundation grant, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't even know what the problem was. It isn't even that difficult a grant, but I was struggling tremendously. After almost an hour, I stopped. Sometimes, when things are not happening, it is a good idea to step away and change focus. I have been doing less grant work and sometimes it can be hard to get back to grant writing. I have to do a follow up donation to Sutton PD tomorrow, but I am intending to get some serious grant work done too. I did spend a lot of time working on auction items, particularly for our anniversary event. I hadn't intended to spend some much time, but once I started, I couldn't stop. We did get some great auction items lately- Daily Show with Jon Stewart tickets, whale watching, restaurant certificates, children's activities and a couple of others. I spoke to some people who were really helpful today and hopefully we will be getting some more really nice items soon.

There is a lot of other stuff going on too, but I'm so tired. I came home tonight with glorious plans about what I was going to do- catch up on emails, some grant writing, interesting blog posting- and I haven't done any of it. It is only midnight, but I feel like it is much later. I'm sorry, I wish I was more interesting tonight- there really is a lot to talk about, but I just need to sleep- I think an early night is needed. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: