Monday, April 19, 2010

New Week

Hello, Happy Patriots Day! So it is the start of a new week- what's happening? Well, tonight I spoke with a womens group about Project Smile. They are choosing their state charity to support and we are one of the two charities being considered. I spoke at the state meeting a couple of months ago. Then last week, I met one of the ladies at a networking event who had heard me speak at the state meeting. She asked me to speak to the local group tonight because they were going to vote on which charity they wanted to support tonight. I think it went well, I made the important points and I hope they choose to support it. The seemed really interested in PS. Each chapter has to vote, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. Hopefully, speaking tonight made a difference. Even if it doesn't, at least I got the word out to more people.

I'm still working on getting a speaker for our Anniversary Celebration. I know it took me until July last year to get a speaker, but I really do want to get it nailed down soon. I also need to work on getting more grants. I'm going to apply for a grant that we got turned down from a few years ago. The bank has expanded in our area recently and I think they might be more willing now to support us. I was also recently introduced to a website that lists lots of different grants and makes it a lot easier to apply for them. It costs a couple of hundred dollars to participate, but I think it would really be worthwhile.

I still haven't heard back from the potential date auction sponsors. They were going to get back to me a week ago last Friday. I called and emailed last week, but haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure what is happening. They said they definitely wanted to do something, so maybe they just need more time. I wish I would hear something from them though- even if it is only to say they need more time. There was a good thing that happened today- I had emailed one of the ladies from the date auction a couple of months ago to see if she could help us out again with getting gift certificates donated for the date auction. I never heard back from her- I figured she was busy, but I was also a little worried that maybe she wasn't interested in helping us again. But today, I chatted with her on Facebook and she was so nice and said she would definitely help again. I was really relieved about that.

Well, I think that's it for tonight. I'm really tired and need to sleep. It is barely midnight. I'm going to go have a grapefruit and then make it an early night. I have a lot of work to get through tomorrow. I can't believe I haven't even started with getting calendar sponsors. We're already past the middle of April, so I need to get that moving immediately.
Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: