Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May Already!

Well, here we are, May has started. Can you imagine? I feel like I need 3 more weeks in April to catch up with where I want to be. But then again, I always feel like I'm working from behind. So what's been happening since I last blogged? By the way, I've been dreadful with blogging lately and really need to get back on track. Well, good news- we are on track for recruiting date auction fire fighters and we added another date auction sponsor, which brings us almost 60% towards our sponsorship goal. I am way behind on gift certificates for the couples. I did get another commitment for dance lesson gift certificate, but I still have a long way to go to reach the 40 certificates. We will be getting another donation of sample packets of coffee for the gift bags, which I'm really happy about. It is funny- most of our gift bag donations so far are food related- chips, coffee, vitamin water.

Continuing on the good news band wagon- it looks like we will be involved in a Boston dating event this month. I don't have all the details, but all we have to do is to help promote the event, then show up at the event and we will receive the $10 ticket price donation for Project Smile. I love simple fundraisers like that- help promote and show up and collect the money- perfect! We are also going to be doing a silent auction this month at Boston Event Guide's big wine fest event and we're going to be doing raffles again this summer on their harbor cruises. The cruises were only a small fundraiser last year, but every dollar is important for us.

We also got another sponsor on board for our Anniversary Celebration. It is a large local company. They sponsored 2 years ago, but didn't sponsor last year. We are now 75% towards our sponsorship goal for that event. Miss Massachusetts will also be attending too. She has always done a lovely job as a special guest for our anniversary events. On the downside, I still don't have a special guest speaker. I've been working really hard to find one, but not getting anywhere. I did reach out to someone else today, so keep your fingers crossed for us please!

Well friends, I am awfully tired and need to sleep. It is only 12:30, but it feels like so much later. There is a lot more to write about, but I can't think of much right now. Tomorrow, I need to spend some serious effort on getting calendar sponsors. We are pretty far behind on that task. I'm off to quickly eat a grapefruit, then write my list and bed. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: