Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Upside

Well, I'm happy to report that day was the opposite of yesterday- it was back on the upside of the roller coaster- the best place to be. It wasn't a phenomenal day by any means, but progress was definitely happening. To make things even better, I received a $1,000 donation from a company in South Dakota. They donated the same amount last year. I totally wasn't expecting their donation, so that was a very pleasant surprise when I went to the post office this morning.

The singles event tonight was terrific- they had a really good crowd, about approximately 130 people. I'm really happy that they Project Smile to benefit. Jeff at Boston Event Guide is so supportive of our work, it is great. The new dating service that hosted the event seems really good too, I would definitely like to do more events with them. I'll keep you posted as to how much money was raised tonight. Events like this are perfect, basically all we have to do is show up- it doesn't get much easier than that.

I reached out to some new potential date auction sponsors today- they sounded really interested. I also got some more ladies signed up for the date auction and another guy- he did it last year and is so handsome, so I'm happy to have him back on board. I also got some tentative gift certificate commitments for the date auction. We're behind on gift certificates, so that was good to make progress.

Well friends, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow, I have to pick up auction items for our silent auction on Saturday, then I have a networking event in Boston in the evening. Before the networking, I have to pick up a gift certificate in Watertown and then 2 others in Boston. It's not that I enjoy running around picking up certificates, but sometimes people have said they mailed things and I never receive them. At least if I pick them up, I know we have them.

So that's it for tonight- tomorrow will be another day of progress, I'm going to make sure of that. Until next time friends..

No comments: