Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back to Work

Well, I'm back to work. I was on vacation in Florida all last week- I had an awesome time. I came home on Monday evening, I was working yesterday, but by the time evening rolled around, I was too tired to blog. I did do a little work last while I was away, but not too much. I have a ton of work to get done now- calendar photos, date auction and anniversary celebration are the priorities. I did have 2 photo shoots scheduled for yesterday, but they were both rescheduled. I did photos in Burlington today and they came out great. The mom put the kids in a low lying tree and their dad (the police officer) stood next to them- I got some really cute photos. It was something that I never would have thought of doing. That is one of my favorite things with the digital camera, being able to look at the photos immediately. My camera, which is only a year old, has been having some issues lately, so I need to bring it into the store and have them take a look at it.

So what else is happening? The lady who is interested in sponsoring the date auction is coming over tomorrow- this is the appointment that got rescheduled from last month. Hopefully, I will have some good news tomorrow to report. We are still a little short on date auction financial sponsors. I did reach out to another potential date auction sponsor who was involved last year. I had already contacted them, but they wanted to wait until the summer before making a decision.

I did get some good anniversary auction items today- WEEI is donating another "Producer for a Day" certificate. That is always a popular item. Whole Foods is going to donate a gift basket which is another good item- they have lots of really nice products, so I'm sure it will be a popular item.

Tomorrow, I'm back to work on more auction items. There are quite a few smaller date auction things that I need to work on too. I also have two photo shoots scheduled- they are both local, so at least I don't have to drive very far.

Anyways friends, that is it for tonight. I think it will be another early night- my eyes are starting to hurt. I picked up a good book while I was away, "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson (it is really good), so I was going to read before going to sleep, but that might not be happening. Until tomorrow friends, please wish me good luck with my sponsor meeting in the morning!

No comments: