Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Latest and Greatest

Greetings! So what is the latest and greatest? Well, in very good news- we are receiving a $4,000 grant from the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation and they are also donating 200 coloring books! Isn't that great? The Rockland Trust is where I do all my Project Smile banking. We had applied in the spring, but our application was held until the fall for review. This is our first donation from Rockland Trust. I am really happy- it is always such a relief to get a grant award. We will do a check presentation ceremony with them and photo later this month.

Tonight, I had an interview with a local Foundation that has supported us for the past couple of years. It is a very quick interview with their board, I think there were about 8 board members there. They already have our grant application, but they like to meet as well. I think it went really well. I enjoy talking about Project Smile- I feel like I could always go on forever. The board members seemed very receptive. Hopefully, they will choose to keep supporting our work. It really means a lot to have continued support like that.

I still haven't done our November newsletter- I haven't sent an official newsletter since September. I used to do them every month and I don't know what happened that I stopped doing that. I keep saying I'm going to get back to the monthly newsletter, but then I end up skipping months. There is always stuff to write about, so it isn't like there is a shortage of news. Tomorrow, I'm going to make sure to get our newsletter done. I don't want to send it out too close to Thanksgiving when people might not pay attention to it because they are wrapped up in holiday stuff.

Tomorrow, I also have to pick up sports auction items for our silent auction at Wine Fest on Saturday. I'm also planning on going to a networking event in the evening, then I have a fun masquerade party later that I'm going to with my boyfriend- really looking forward to it. I just found out about it today, it looks like a lot of fun.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm feeling pretty tired. I don't think I've adjusted to the hour change yet. I've already been raiding left over Halloween candy tonight and I'm holding off the urge to get more- I'm also craving cheese- we have a ton of good cheese in the fridge. I should just go to bed though, don't really need to do anymore munching! Until next time friends...

No comments: