Monday, November 29, 2010

Latest and Greatest

Welcome to a new week. I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving, I definitely did. Today was a busy day, but I'm still not sure how much I actually got accomplished. I was working on promoting our Santa and Stilettos holiday party which is coming up in less than 2 weeks (Saturday, December 11, 7pm, Hyatt Regency, Boston). I don't usually design our own email blasts in Constant Contact- I usually have Lisa, our designer, put the email together. It can get a little time consuming to do it myself. I wanted to save the money, so I went into Constant Contact and used one of their templates to do our invitation. It helped that I already have the graphic to use. The result came out really well. It did take a bit of time, but it was definitely worth it to do it myself. Reggie, who is organizing most of the event, was happy with it too. If you are on our mailing list, you should have received it today. I did get a couple of emails from people who saw it and are coming to the event. In other good events news, our Santa who participated in the event last year, is coming back! He was an awesome Santa Claus last year. He wears a Santa suit that was once in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Jim, the Santa Claus, is a fire fighter and he and a friend donate their time. I'm really glad we have Santa- it makes it an official holiday event!

What else is going on? Well, I have a million emails that I need to respond to. I responded to some of them already- the most urgent ones obviously, but there are still a lot that I haven't replied to. I know I keep talking about this, but I need to get a seriously better method of replying to email. I need to pick a system and stick to it.

There are lots of other things going on, but I can't remember- I'm pretty tired right now. I was actually about to go to bed without blogging, but I couldn't let myself do that- it had already been a week since my last fascinating blog entry! I have to be out of the office tomorrow morning because I have to have some work done on my car, but I am going to bring my laptop with me and catch up on emails- that should work well, because I will have a lot less distractions around me.

Well, I am off to bed. I'm sorry this is not exactly the most interesting blog posting- I can't think of much else right now. I picked up a mystery book from the library that I'm really excited to read, I was going to start it tonight, but now my little brain can't absorb anything. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: