Friday, March 4, 2011

Progress

Good news to report- we have a new financial sponsor for the date auction. It is a returning sponsor from last year. I'm very happy to have them back on board again. It is a really good company and it has been great to work with them. This puts us 25% of the way towards our fundraising goal for event sponsorship. I've been reaching out to some more local companies, so hopefully we will have some more good news soon. It is a great sponsorship opportunity for a company that wants to reach hundreds of young professionals. I'm meeting with an organization called Marketers Making a Difference in a couple of weeks. They get together monthly and help a charity with marketing advice, free of charge. I'm going to meet with them to talk about date auction marketing and get their opinion.

I've decided to go with blue tote bags this year. It is an electric blue shade and looks really good. Actually, it looks really good online, I haven't seen the actual bag. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they can send me a sample. The runner up is red, but I would prefer to go with the blue bag. They have royal blue as well, but that looks too dark. I wish they did a hot pink bag- that would be awesome- or at least, I think it would be awesome.

There is a lot going on, but I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I should just stop and go to bed. I know that is rather lame since I haven't written very much, but I can't seem to remember much of anything. I am going to sleep- I'm sorry for the short blog, just too tired to keep going. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: