Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Muddles

Well, I titled this blog Monday Muddles, I think I just made up the word Muddles- I took it from muddling. I had one of those days where I was super tired and not exactly sure what happened. Last week was mostly lost in terms of productivity. I had the flu and did practically nothing until Friday. I have a really hard time working when I'm sick. I really admire people that have chronic illness/pain and work through it. When I get sick, I am a lost cause in terms of productivity. All I want to do is curl up in bed, sleep and watch tv- and eat when I can. I haven't had the flu since I was 18, so my luck was bound to run out eventually.

Anyways, I'm back to work mode and trying to catch up on everything that I didn't get done last week. I finished a $3,000 grant application and submitted it online, so that was an accomplishment. This is a local foundation grant from a huge company. They have supported us for the past 6 years, but they changed their grant application process recently- the good thing is that it opened the door for us to ask for more money, but the bad thing is that the application process is brand new and I have no idea how the review process works. It was a simple grant application, so that was a good thing. We probably won't know for a few months, so keep your fingers crossed for us please! I feel that I did a good job with my application and answered the questions well.

I also reached out to some of our anniversary celebration sponsors from last year to invite them to participate again. I had our designer do a brand new anniversary celebration sponsor packet- it looks fantastic. I didn't have an official one before for this event, but I felt inspired based on the new date auction sponsor packet which looks absolutely awesome.

I need to speak with the woman that I met who helps non profits grow. I really liked her and I think we could work well together. She sent over a proposal of ways we could work together, but the cost is too high for us now. We have communicated since then and are trying to work out something that is more affordable for us. I want to talk to her tomorrow on the phone instead of emailing back and forth, some times it is just easier to pick up the phone and talk.

Tomorrow, I need to work on date auction sponsors, reaching out to the fire department to help recruit bachelors, submitting some more updates for our website and organizing my office. I don't like to spend time during the day to clean my office, but it is looking like a bomb hit it and it is getting rather distracting. I have a lot of little things that I need to take care of- those are piling up around my desk and the whole place is looking a little out of control. So tomorrow morning, I am going to commit to spending my first 45 minutes organizing and finishing up the little things so I can get them out of the way. I also have phone calls to return and emails to send. I need to go over to Bellingham to drop off stuffed animals and books too. I was supposed to go there last week, but was sick.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I almost didn't blog tonight because I was so tired, but I haven't blogged for a while and it is a really nice way to unwind at night. I like taking some time and thinking and writing about my day, even when I can't remember what I actually did! I'm off to watch Jay Leno's headlines, eat some more yogurt and orange juice (great combo), write my list and go to sleep- before my self imposed bed time of 12:15 (I need to get to sleep early tonight). Until tomorrow...

No comments: