Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy Days

Greetings! So what is the latest? Well, these have been busy days. Today, I met with a group called Marketers Make a Difference- it is a panel of marketing professionals who meet monthly with a non profit organization and help them with a marketing challenge. I met with them to talk about finding sponsors for the date auction. They looked at our sponsorship package and gave some good feedback. They suggested changes that I had never thought of. They also made other recommendations for reaching out to new supporters. I'm really glad that I met with them. I started working on some changes when I got back and left a message with Lisa, our designer who put together our original packet. I need her help to make the changes and also need her suggestions on incorporating some of the panel's ideas. I don't have a marketing background, so it is always helpful to hear from people who have experience in particular areas.

Good news- Jet Blue donated 2 round trip ticket vouchers for our date auction's silent auction. I'm really happy about that. The airline tickets are always a really popular auction item. We are also getting in other auction items for our anniversary celebration. White water rafting trip, bus tour, US flag from the Capitol, restaurant gift certificates, Imax tickets and the WEEI Producer for a Day certificate have all arrived. I've been spending a lot of time on our auction item hunt. I do need to reach out to new companies as well.

Tomorrow, we're donating stuffed animals, books, coloring books/crayons to Boston Police and a homeless shelter in Boston. In the afternoon, I have a meeting with a woman that I met last week at a networking event. She has a company which helps non profits develop their board of directors. I'm looking forward to meeting with her and seeing if we can work together. I was supposed to meet with her today, but had to reschedule.

I still haven't started work on one of our new grants. I'm not sure if I will have time to work on it tomorrow. Ah, there is so much to be done!! I am off to clean up my disaster zone of an office, send a few more emails, write my list, then head to bed at a relatively decent hour- and of course eat my grapefruit! Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: