Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welcome March

Well, here we are- enjoying the first day of March 2011. I am ready for spring to be here, but things are moving so quickly and I feel totally behind on everything. That's hardly anything new though. The day got away from me today and I didn't get half the things accomplished that I wanted to. I went to a networking lunch for the Metro West women's networking group that I organize. It was a good lunch and it was a very nice group, but it took up such a big chunk of the afternoon. I shouldn't complain though because the lunches are only a couple of times a month and it is good networking for Project Smile. I just feel frustrated when there is so much that I want to accomplish and I can't get it all done. I don't always work as efficiently as I should, I need to find a better time management system. I get caught up with working on one task and I'll work on it for much longer than I intended to and I don't get other things accomplished.

Anyways, enough griping. Good news, I mailed the massive grant via overnight mail yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was a very complicated grant. I did the best job that I could, I definitely feel that we are aligned with what they fund, but I have no idea what they will think. I'm glad it is over, now I need to turn my attention to other grants, thankfully these ones are a little less complicated.

Auction items are starting to come in- we have our first donations for both events. It always feels good when we start getting items in. The first item we received a flag from Congressman Neal which flew over the US Capitol for our anniversary event, that's always a popular item. We have a long way to go to get to our 100 auction items.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm so tired. I need to write my list and head to bed. I have a dentist appointment in the morning, so unfortunately that will be more time out of the office tomorrow- can't avoid that though- need to look after the chompers! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: