Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome April

Well, here we are- the start of a new month and I am in spring cleaning mode- literally. My office has been looking like a major bomb went off in it, so today I spent a good portion of the day cleaning and organizing. I did have a lot of other things to do today, but the mess was getting distracting. There were a lot of little things that needed to be taken care of and they were piling up around me- thank you letters to write, data that needed entered, some bills to pay, documents that needed filed, etc. I haven't finished cleaning, but it looks a million times better. I need to take some time tomorrow and write down my goals for the month. I have goals for the year, but I don't write down goals for the month. There is a lot that I want to accomplish this month and I'm feeling rather overwhelmed, so this will be a good start. I had planned to respond to quite a few emails today, but I got so bogged down with cleaning, I didn't get to very many of them.

I did schedule a donation to an organization in Framingham which runs a number of metro west area homeless shelters. We are going to be dropping off stuffed animals, books, coloring books/crayons there on Monday. I need to buy some more coloring books before Monday, our supply is running low.

Tomorrow, I have my DWC Metro West networking lunch. I really enjoy the networking lunches, the only thing I don't like is that it takes up a big chunk of the afternoon and that takes away from getting things done. In the evening, the Women's Success Network is having their dinner and special fashion show which is going to be hosted by Kennedy. Guess who is modeling clothes in the show! Yes- for a non-model, I do get to strut on stage quite a few times! I'm looking forward to it.

Well, that's the latest. I'm off to eat grapefruit, watch Jay Leno and then go to bed early. Yesterday, I wasn't feeling well at all- I didn't get a lot of work done. I've been going to bed early, I've been super tired and couldn't keep my eyes open. I am feeling better tonight, but I am planning on going to bed early again.

Before I forget- in other good news, it looks like we may have a guest speaker for our Anniversary event. I don't want to jinx it, because it isn't confirmed, but keep your fingers crossed for us please. Hopefully, tomorrow I will have a confirmation. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: