Thursday, April 7, 2011

Busy Day

Before I get started, can I just say- silent auctions are so much fun! The Women's Success Network- the group that I joined in January, had their annual silent auction & fashion show fundraiser tonight and the auction was terrific. Obviously, I've been to other auctions before, but those ones usually have higher price items that I can't even afford to start bidding on. This auction was great because they had a wide range of items, many of which were affordable. I got outbid on every item, but that was fine- at least I felt like I participated and it was fun. I started the bidding on a lot of items because I now how stressful it is when you run an auction and you wait for people to start bidding- I knew I was going to get out bid, but I wanted to get it going. They had great items. It is a really fun social activity too because you get to talk to people about the items- it really encourages participation. Now, I love my own auction of course because I work so hard to get all the items and because the event is so big for us, but I never get to enjoy the auction as a spectator- it is such a different feeling. This event made me even more excited for our own Anniversary Celebration in October and even more motivated to get auction items and reach out to new donors. Of course, we need to get a good crowd there to bid!

I was modeling CAbi clothes in the fashion show which was a lot of fun. I love participating in events, I feel like I'm getting to know some of the women in the networking group better after being a part of the show. It is always fun to strut down a catwalk in cute clothes too!

It was a busy day- I had our networking lunch at Bertucci's in Framingham earlier. I've been trying to mix up the lunch locations so we can keep things interesting and fresh. The lunch went well, we had some new members attend which is always good. After the lunch, I jetted over to Boston and donated stuffed animals, books, coloring books/crayons and toys to two homeless shelters. We donated to both shelters last year as well. Then I stopped at Family Dollar in Planville on my way to the WSN event and raided their supply of coloring books. I need them for our shelter donation in Framingham on Monday. I was happy because I felt like I was very efficient this afternoon. I was also really happy today because I was feeling a lot better- the headaches and general tired feeling was gone.

There is more to write about, but I'm getting tired and it is getting late. I'm already past my newly installed bedtime of 12:30. I need to call my computer whiz because my laptop- which is networked to my desktop has suddenly stopped picking up the connection. I have no idea how to fix that, so I need Dick's help.

Well friends, I am off to bed- have to write my list first, I have a ton of things to work on. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: