Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mellow Monday

Was this really a mellow Monday? I'm not sure about that one. I wrote my list last night, but this morning I was not feeling particularly inspired to follow my list. One of the items was work on getting date auction sponsors. I started to research more potential sponsors, but after a relatively brief time, I stopped. I wasn't in the mood to work on getting sponsors. Now, if I waited until I was in the mood before I started anything, I don't think I would get very far beyond drinking tea and checking my email in the morning on most days! But some times, I think that if you're really not into a certain task and it isn't urgent that it gets worked on right at that moment, it is totally OK to stop working on that and do something else. So, I put the sponsor hunt aside and switched to grant writing. I immediately started to feel better after I changed tasks- I relaxed and focused on the grant. This is a very straight forward grant and I got a lot done. It is technically finished, but I'm at my "sitting with it" phase- I stare at the grant for an inordinate amount of time, making sure everything is all set. There is another grant that I want to work on as soon as this one is sent in. Actually, there are a lot of grants that I need to work on, I need to really devote more time to that.

I also worked on contacting police departments to make follow up donations. I didn't contact anymore new departments today since there are a lot of departments that I haven't checked-in with for a while. I also left a message with DCF to schedule another drop off with them. I didn't get through to actually speak to anyone today. I'm going to keep making more calls tomorrow.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to bed. I'm already well past my bedtime, it is 1:15am. I really need to work on getting to bed early, along with responding to certain emails in a more timely manner- two things that I don't seem to be improving on. I'll never be a morning person, but I need to tame the night owl! I'm also off to eat some more Easter candy- ah, jellybeans! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: