Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Polly Progress

Well, Polly Progress is off to a good start this year. I've started work on our date auction and our spring fashion show. We already have a special guest for the fashion show which is exciting and we're lining up a liquor sponsor.  I'm having a back drop made which will have the PS and Smiling Stiletto logos on them. We will use the back drop at our events throughout the year. Guests get to stop in front of the back drop and have their photo taken- just like a red carpet event! It is a very good marketing tool and it really adds to our events.

I've been working with Staples on the back drop, but was having trouble with getting a proper design for it. The two logos are very different and it can be hard to get them to coexist in a way that looks attractive. Monday night, I had a dream and in the dream, I saw our back-drop. It looked beautiful. I woke up in the morning and knew exactly how it should look.  We went through a couple of more proofs and this afternoon, we got the alignment perfect- it looks just like it did in my dream. This isn't the first time that my dreams have brought clarity to an issue. Sometimes, before big events, I'll have a dream about the event and I can see any issues or things that I need to take care of.

I went to a networking event in Attleboro. I haven't been to one of this group's networking nights in a while. It is a group that I've made a lot of great contacts at. I was tired and didn't feel like going out, but I had committed to going, so I pushed myself out the door. I ended up winning the raffle prize which was great and I made some connections and saw people that I hadn't seen in a while. In the end, I was really glad that I went. It is so important to attend the events that you sign up and really commit to networking. You never know when you're going to make the connections that matter.

Tomorrow, I'm doing another donation to Worcester PD. I also need to get our sponsor packet updates over to Lisa so we can get our new date auction and anniversary celebration packets together and start recruiting sponsors. I also have to go through I-Stock and choose our new image for the date auction marketing. I want to get the new image on our site soon. It seems like it should be a quick thing to choose a new image, but it actually takes a while. I have a meeting to attend tomorrow for some volunteer work that I'm doing, so I was planning to get those things done tonight, but now I'm getting tired.

I also have a grant to work on that I haven't even started- it's due by the end of the month. Ah, so many things to work on! On that note, I'm off to eat my grapefruit- I need to go shopping for some more grapefruits. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: