Friday, January 27, 2012

Updates

So what happened today? I had to take some time today to do some of my volunteer work- I work as a court appointed special advocate for a child who is under the care of DCF.  I went to visit the child at her daycare center today. I love doing the work- it is interesting and I feel like I can hopefully make a difference in this little girl's life. She lives locally which is good, so I don't have to travel very far. It isn't a ton of time that I have to spend, but it did take time away from getting my own work done today.

Tonight, I spoke to the Franklin Rotary Club to update them on Project Smile. They have been making an annual $250 donation for the past 4 years and I usually visit every year to say thank you and update them on how things are going. I also bring some of our calendars to give away to the members. It is so nice how much the members like our calendar! I really enjoyed speaking to the Club- they are very friendly and I felt like I was pulling off their energy when I spoke. I love speaking about PS and tonight I felt really on my game when I spoke. It is always good to talk about PS, but some times certain speeches go better than others. I was seated next to three local bankers for dinner and they were encouraging me to apply for their bank's charitable foundation grant. It seems like we would be the perfect fit for what they like to fund, so I'm definitely going to apply. It is so important to keep getting out and attending social and networking events, you really never know who you are going to meet. I don't have a marketing team, so I need to make sure that I'm getting out there and reaching people.

Here is a photo from Monday's donation to the Dept. of Children and Families. We donated over 350 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons for kids entering foster care. We had to do the photo outside because there is nowhere to park legally to unload. I have to park in a bus stop and wait for the ladies to come down and help unload.

 Well, there is more to blog about, but I'm getting tired and need to sleep. I won't say that I'm going to bed early because I told myself that last night and didn't go to bed until 2am. My grapefruit is cut and sitting right next to me, so I'm off to enjoy that and write my list for tomorrow- except, I can't remember what actually needs go on the list! Until next time friends... (I promise to be more exciting in my blogging adventures)

No comments: